1. Thor: The Dark World is OnDemand until September 9th. That is a lot of times that I can watch this whenever I am blue:
2. George has stayed nighttime dry every night for a week. I think this may finally, finally, FINALLY be the end of me buying diapers. This makes me do this:
3. It’s been sunny and summertime hot for days, but not humid. I am finally warm for the first time in months. Last night I kicked off the blankets, even! It was bliss.
4. There are only twelve days plus one hour of school left for the year. Despite the fact that it means we will only be able to travel as far as we can walk – I need a minibus or possibly a giant RV, Duggar-style – I am so glad. Harry already asked if he could have a peanut butter sandwich for lunch every day this summer. OF COURSE YOU CAN. I also won’t miss permission slips, waiting at the bus stop with the neighbours, or keeping track of Ron’s Ever-Fucking Reading Folder and Harry’s word study book.
5. My oldest niece turned six last week. I sent her gardening supplies for her birthday; gloves, starter pots, quick-germinating seeds, watering can, nice sturdy tools. Yesterday she wrote a to-do list for after school. It had two items on it – “snack” and “gardening”.
6. This special Father’s Day video from the Toronto Blue Jays and SportChek (get the tissues!):
7. George doesn’t ask to be tucked in. Instead he says “I need to be tuggled up” and it’s the cutest thing ever. EVER. Don’t try to top it, because you can’t.
8. Ron got a buzzcut at his request and because I am a good mom I refrained from saying “NO OVER MY DEAD BODY I HATE BUZZCUTS AND YOUR HAIR IS SO CUTE WHEN IT’S SHAGGY WHYYYYYYY”. And I’m pleased to report that even though he then lost a front tooth, and looks kind of like a thug, he’s a cheery happy thug who doesn’t need to be squawked at to brush his hair in the mornings.
9. I went to a tweet-up full of strangers on Saturday night AND had a playdate with another friend-only-on-Twitter on Sunday. In terms of not being a weirdo hermit who never speaks to other adults, it was a productive weekend.
10. When I dressed to go to said tweet-up full of strangers, I put on my nice pants that I bought for Blissdom last fall… and they were too big. Not a little bit too big, either. I wore them anyway, because I’ve only worn them, like, three times and I had nothing else. I spent the whole night being careful not to lean too far forward because you could have dropped a whole bottle of beer down the back.
Here’s something adorably weird to put a smile on your face:
And what is making you happy, today?